About Us - Our Role
Who We Are:
- Not-for-profit organization
- Volunteer Board of Directors
- Representation across the industry
- Membership paid by annual enrollment
- Open to all industry partners
- Funded by industry support
- OSHAB – a committee of OPIC focuses on swine health
Who Are Our Members:
- Producers and Producer Organizations
- AI and Genetics
- Animal health
- Brokerage and Transport
- Government and Academia
What We Do
- Identify Industry needs
- Engage industry to co-ordinate action
- Serve as a communication network for the industry
- Educate industry stakeholders
Why We Are Needed
Ontario's pork industry makes a significant contribution to the province's economy with more than 35,000 jobs and billions of dollars in annual economic activity, including more than $250 million dollars in exports. The industry continues however to face a number of serious issues which arise from both inside and outside the industry. Relationships within the supply chain are fragmented and at times adversarial. Individual stakeholders cannot move the industry forward alone. OPIC aims to overcome these barriers to build a healthy future for all the players in Ontario's pork industry.
Who We Help
- Industry focused projects
- Industry events support and management
- Industry representation
- Support our community
When you become an OPIC member, you may share some personal information with us. This document, describes how we ensure the protection of the personal information that you entrust to us.
What is "personal information?"
"Personal information" is information about an identifiable individual but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization or business.
How Are We Accountable?
OPIC is responsible for your personal information in its possession or custody, including personal information that has been transferred to, or received from, a third party in the course of commercial activities for processing or other purposes for which you have consented.
OPIC By-laws (opens as a PDF in a new window)